What is the General Maritime Directorate?
It is the Colombian Maritime Authority is responsible of implementing the government policy in this matter, having a structure that contributes to the strengthening of the national maritime power, ensuring the maritime integral safety, the protection of human life in the sea, the promotion of maritime activities and the scientific and technological development of the nation.
It exercises its functions throughout the Colombian maritime jurisdiction; 928,660 km2(358,557 sq mi), equivalent to 44.85% of the national territory, and in the 2,900 km (1,802 mi) of coastlines (Pacific and Caribbean coasts), in addition to the main rivers located in the border zones, and in the Magdalena River in the final 27 kilometers (17 miles) which flow into the sea.
Additionally, its jurisdiction goes beyond the Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) in respect of their actions within the concept of Flag State.
The current organizational structure of the DIMAR is established in Decree 5057 of 2009 and in the Ministerial Resolution 2143 of 2010. This structure has the focus based on processes as a fundamental pillar, deriving from the spirit of the entity’s quality management system, which is certified by SGS Colombia. Under the requirements of the Technical Quality Standard in the Public Management, NTCGP 1000 and ISO 9001 since the year 2008, under a scope for "directing, coordinating and controlling maritime activities in the Colombian maritime jurisdiction."
In order to assure a better provision of services and exercise its roles and responsibilities, the General Maritime Directorate has an administrative structure which allows it a closer approximation with the maritime sector, through a management with quality, agility, transparence, and facilitation.
Furthermore, its actions are developed under the concept of three figures: Coastal State, Port State and Flag State:
DIMAR develops its functions in the maritime spaces and border waterway through a normativity proper for this purpose. In this manner, its work is focused on the administration, conservation, and exploration of natural resources, the maritime control in order to assure the regulatory compliance in terms of the safeguard of the integral maritime safety, with the aim of avoiding accidents by operational ship failures, human errors, pollution, and the threat reduction which puts at risk the integrity of the Colombian territory.
DIMAR exercises the administrative, operative, and legal control of foreign ships that arrive to Colombian ports, based on rules on maritime safety and protection of the marine environment.
The Maritime Authority, in addition to enforce the rules governing the construction, equipment, management, and protection of the ships registered in the Colombian registration, it is consolidated as the entity responsible for training and qualification of professionals interested in the exercise of maritime activities.
To exercise its authority in the maritime territory, controlling the maritime, fluvial, and coastal activities with integral safety and service vocation with the purpose of contributing to the development de los maritime and fluvial interests of the country.
To be by 2030, the axis that consolidates the maritime, fluvial, and coastal country, contributing to the positioning of Colombia as a regional power.
Strategic ally for the national development through maritime and fluvial activities.
Technical and professional rigor
The entity has the following quality and strategic objectives to seek the compliance of its mission and vision:
· To strengthen the operational capabilities
· To develop the competences of the human talent of the maritime authority
· To achieve the financial sustainability
· To promote the approval of values in the organizational culture
· To have ICT's for service communication, integration, management, and offer
· To strengthen the legal and regulatory framework
· To generate effective international, interinstitutional relationships and with stakeholders
· To improve the relationship with stakeholders
· To develop the strategic communications
· To offer the services required by the users
· To strengthen the administration of the maritime and fluvial integral safety
· To produce technical and scientific information in order to exercise the maritime authority
· To comply with international maritime instruments adopted by law
· To increase the satisfaction of users
· To increase integral safety level
· To contribute to the development of the fluvial , maritime, and communities’ interests
Son herramientas virtuales donde el usuario puede interactuar fácilmente con Dimar y obtener servicios en línea. En caso de dudas puede comunicarse al (57)(1)2200490 ext 2454 Servicio al Ciudadano o escríbanos a: email@example.com